- Did you know that at least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.
- According to UNICEF, 22,000 children around the world die each day due to poverty.
- Nearly one billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.
- About 1.1 billion people in developing countries have inadequate access to water, and 2.6 billion lack basic sanitation.
- There are 2.2 billion children in the world, and 1 billion of them live in poverty [every second child].
[all stats taken from globalissues.org]
When you hear of these injustices around the world, it seems so overwhelming. We choose to ignore stats like these so that we can sleep at night. - OR - We find ourselves among those who are well-intentioned, but feel completely defeated & powerless.
The truth is, no matter which lens you choose to view it from, the reality and gravity of the situation doesn't change.
Caring about the down and out, the lost, the lonely, the last of society, and those who are hurting (both spiritually & physically) is what a life of worship is all about. When we seek to live a life that works to right the wrongs of sin in our community out of an overflow of a relationship to Jesus, then we become worship.
// To continue more on this study & others, Kingdom Rise is now available to purchase [physical product] through our store. Free sermon outlines + chord charts are available below. To contact us, email firstname.lastname@example.org //